Very interesting engine! Can you give a discount to the owner of the original Edge VN? :) Do you plan to update further for the new version of GMS2 (184.108.40.2066)? Thanks!
- Replaced internal timing functions with a simpler, more versatile timing system
- Added automatic checks to preserve custom text alignment when drawing VNgen
- Previously it was required to manually reset draw_set_halign or draw_set_valign before drawing VNgen. This is no longer necessary, as VNgen properly handles both functions.
- (Requires GameMaker Studio v220.127.116.115 or newer)
- Added automatic option results logging. Setting an option block ID in vngen_get_option now returns user selections from any previous option!
- Option selection data is now also saved/loaded with VNgen file functions
- Added vngen_file_load_map for restoring saved VNgen data to a user-defined ds_map for later usage
- Improved file functions
- Fixed loading only restoring the VNgen object and not the event, in some cases
- Save/load can now be performed in non-VNgen objects
- Save files now also record the active room when saved
- Improved rendering on scenes and debug interface
- Blending is now consistent between full/reduced and legacy render modes
- Texture filtering is now disabled on debug interface for more legible text
- Improved handling of speech animations when text and voice are active simultaneously
- Fixed an issue where prematurely skipping text with an indefinite pause skipped the text, but not the pause
- Fixed incorrect backlog touch scrolling at non-standard framerates
- Fixed perspective shaders drawing a blank frame when initialized
- Fixed mouse interactions in HTML5
- Miscellaneous additional fixes and improvements
Get VNgen - The Next-gen Visual Novel Engine
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for your interest! VNgen and Edge VN are fundamentally different products. VNgen launched at a discount to give Edge VN users a chance to upgrade, but there's no special discount after that 140 day period. Future sales are a possibility, though. :)
I'm always keeping an eye on GameMaker updates to see what I can take advantage of in VNgen. Version 1.0.8 is well under way and might just be the biggest update yet. Stay tuned!